National Avocado Day
July 31, 2017
The avocado is a rather unique type of fruit. Most fruit consists primarily of carbohydrate, while avocado is high in healthy fats. Numerous studies show that it has powerful beneficial effects on health.
Here are 12 health benefits of avocado, that are supported by scientific research.
- Avocados are incredibly nutritious
- More potassium than a banana
- Loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids
- Loaded with fiber
- Can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Tendency towards healthiness
- Fat from avocados can absorb nutrients of other foods
- Powerful antioxidants that can protect your eyes
- May help prevent cancer
- Relieve arthritis symptoms
- Help you lose weight
- Delicious and easy to incorporate to a diet.
These are just more great reasons to make an avocado part of your regular diet. For more info on these health benefits, please see the original article from authoritynutrition.com