Summer Squash Pizza
June 22, 2017
This week we are featuring a Summer Squash Pizza. This pizza is super tasty and super easy to make! Here is how to do it. Or for an even healthier option, use the zucchini or some cauliflower for the crust!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- Cooking spray
- 1 (12-inch) packaged pizza crust (such as Mama Mary’s)
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into (1/8-inch-thick) slices
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) finely grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
Combine oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, zucchini slices, and yellow squash slices in a large bowl, tossing gently to coat. Place squash mixture on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until tender.
Reduce grill temperature to medium.
Lightly coat pizza crust with cooking spray; grill 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Arrange zucchini and squash over crust. Arrange tomatoes over squash; sprinkle with pecorino Romano cheese. Grill 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from grill; sprinkle with basil and oregano.