Total Solar Eclipse
August 21, 2017
Today is a pretty cool day! It’s not everyday that you get to see a complete solar eclipse, especially in the US. Its’ been 38 years since an eclipse could be viewed from the US, but even then it was mostly the upper northwest part of the nation that could view it. It has been 99 years since the eclipse path was only in the US and stretched coast to coast! While watching the eclipse is a cool experience, there are some safety tips to remember.
- Never look directly at the sun
- Plenty binoculars/telescopes have filters for sun viewing
- Inexpensive eclipse glasses are for sale
- Make your own pinhole projector
- Make a tiny “theater” with a cardboard box , foil and paper
- Poke a hole in a paper plate
- Watch an eclipse live stream
Happy eclipse viewing! Remember, this won’t come around in the US again until 2024!
See the original article from Upper Michigan Source: